maandag 9 januari 2017

Someone Else's Summer by Rachel Bateman - ARC review

Book: Someone Else's Summer
Author: Rachel Bateman
Pages: 315 pages
Read: 8 Januari, 2017
Rating: 5 Stars

Goodreads Sumarry:
Anna's always idolized her older sister, Storm. So when Storm dies in a tragic car accident on the night of her high school graduation, Anna is completely lost and her family is torn apart. That is, until she finds Storm's summer bucket list and decides to honor her sister by having the best summer ever—which includes taking an epic road trip to the coast from her sleepy Iowa town. Setting out to do everything on Storm's list along with her sisters best friend Cameron—the boy next door—who knew that Storm's dream summer would eventually lead to Anna's own self-discovery?

Review:
*I recived a copie from Netgally for an honest review*

"#15 Be brave with my life"

This was everything and more. A heartbreaking and warming story about a girl who loses her best friend, her other half.. her sister. Anna lost her sister right after gratuation and her life just stood still. She doesnt know were to begin, everything was going well.. her sister was healthy again and now this a simple car accident took her from everything. In the summer Anna finds a bucketlist in Storm's room with 15 things she wanted to do that summer before she went to collage. Togheter with Storm's best friend and Anna's childhoodfriend Camaron she sets out to compleed that list for her. 

The list contains stuff like "Get a tattoo", "kiss in the rain" or "climb a lighthouse" or "go on a roadtrip",... Its was amazing how you felt the grieve both Anna and Camaron felt after Storm passed. Everything they did was with a purpose, they wanted to keep her close. I loved how beautifully Rachel stold the story of Anna and her way to get over the lose of her sister, but also becoming her own person. I couldn't get enough of the relationship between Camaron and Anna, also her Aunt Morgan and her best friend Piper. 
There wasn't a character I didn't like to be honest. It was just so well written, you could see every different point of view were every character was coming from. 

The book was just easy to read, you just flew through the pages. It brought me sadness, happiness and romantique. Its was just everything you wanted from a story. It didn't repeat itself, it stayed new and refreshing everytime you turned the page. Everytime you went from a chapter you got something you didn't knew was going to happen. Also the ending blew me away, i never saw it coming and it broke my heart al over again. 

Basically this is the summer book you want to read, this is the summer you want to enjoy with your friend (minus losing someone important to you). This book is everything and more, it would be a wast to not read it!

"I can live my life, I think. Even without her, I can live my life. She'll be with me forever, the one I want to tell my life to first, the one who will shape my future without a word." 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten